Policies for Displays of all types at the Dining Commons
RECRUITING TABLES & "FAIRS" OUTSIDE THE DC
All non-Westmont organizations or campus departments wishing to utilize the two fixed recruiting tables must register with the Office of Life Planning, which coordinates visits and available space. A maximum of three non-student organizations are permitted at the DC each day. If authorized by Life Planning, a third table must be arranged with Event Services, and may not block emergency egress on the walkways. Contact Auxiliary Services if more information is needed. Events with more organizations require a "fair" setting on the lawn, which must be arranged through the Office of Life Planning in coordination with Event Services and Campus Scheduling. Signage must be freestanding and cannot block emergency egress.
No recruiters or campus staff are to set up displays inside the DC, with the exception of those ALREADY SCHEDULED OUTSIDE who need to move indoors due to rain.
All displaying organizations should also note the details at this link:
(Details for external organizations and internal departments)
STUDENT ORGANIZATION TABLES INSIDE THE DC
All Westmont student organizations can utilize space inside the DC without reservations, but must adhere to the guidelines pertaining to that use: Westmont student organizations. For such display tables only, banners may be taped only to the front hard wood edges of tables and only with bright colored painters tape.
SELLING: is never permitted at the DC except for sanctioned student organization's fundraisers. Please also see the "Selling on Campus" link at left.
All signage must be freestanding. No tape may be used on ANY surface inside or outside the building, with one exception noted above for student organization display tables.
Advertisements on the display screens in the foyer may also be arranged (see "Display Screens" link).
* No electrical cords may be run across traffic areas/aisles/walkways.
* No aisles or emergency egress lanes may be blocked with any items, inside or outside the building.
* The foyer inside the building may never be used.
* Tablecloths are permitted and preferred.
* ALL organizations are responsible for any damage they inflict to the facility, including but not limited to flooring, walls, and furniture.
* Monroe Dining Room , the Patio, El Tejado, and the main Dining Commons are NOT reservable spaces. Exceptions are rarely possible and granted.
* Any exceptions to the policies in these web pages (i.e. for for special events) must be reviewed in advance and approved by Westmont Auxiliary Services.