Student Accounts Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Who do I call if I have a financial aid questions?
Questions regarding loans, scholarships or grants should be directed to Financial Aid office at 888-963-4624 or email finaid@westmont.edu

Is there a difference between the Student Accounts office and the Financial Aid office?
The Student Accounts office processes the billing and collect student charges.
The Financial Aid office awards scholarships and grants and processes loans applications.

When does Westmont send Student Accounts statements?
Statements are sent on the first of each month. You can also view and print your statement by logging onto student accounts at Student Accounts website.

When are my payments due?
A minimum payment, which is 1/3 of the Semester Balance Due, is due on or before August 15 for the Fall Semester and December 15 for the Spring Semester. All charges must be paid in full by the end of October for the Fall Semester and by the end of March for the Spring Semester. In order to register for classes and reserve campus housing for the next semester, a student's account must be paid in full.

How are finance charges assessed and how do I avoid them?
Finance charges are assessed on unpaid Student Account balances every month at the monthly Federal Discount Rate. Paying your balance in full each month avoids the assessment of finance charges.

What forms of payment do you accept for Student Accounts?
Westmont College accepts cash, money orders, checks or wire transfers for payments on a student’s account. Electonic transfers (ACH) are available by faxing in the ACH autorization form found in the downloads section of our web page. In order to credit the student on the same day, electronic transfer requests must be faxed into the Business Office before 1:00pm.

Do you accept Credit Card payments?
No, the credit card finance fee is prohibitively expensive.

How do I send a payment by wire?
To Wire Moneys to Westmont, please use the following information:

  • Federal Routing Number: xxxxxxxxx (Please contact us for the number)
    Bank Name and Address: Union Bank
    20 East Carrillo St.Santa Barbara CA 93101
  • Beneficiary Account #: xxxx-xxx (Please contact us for the number)
    Beneficiary Name: Westmont College
    PLEASE REFERENCE: Student name and ID number

After you wire the money, please inform Student Account of the student ID, amount and name of your bank by email or phone.

How to calculate my minimum payment if my financial aid changed?
The minimum payment is 1/3 of the Semester Balance Due. The Semester Balance Due is calculated by subtracting the updated financial aid total from the total charge. Please make sure you do not include Federal Work Study, private loans and non-Westmont scholarship in your total financial aid calculation.

How can I get cash on campus?
There is a Union Bank ATM in Kerr Student Center.

How do I request a refund for my student account credit balance?
To request a refund check, please come to the Student Accounts window M-F between 9am and 3:30pm, (closed for chapel, Monday, Wednesday and Friday) call Student Accounts at 1-877-537-7966 or email us at studacct@westmont.edu. Please provide us with student ID, refund amount and the name and address of the payee. Refund requests received by Wednesday at 1:00pm will be processed and checks will be ready for pick up or mailing on Friday.

Where is the Student Accounts office located and what are its hours?
The Student Accounts office is located on the ground floor of Kerrwood Hall and is open M-F 9am-3:30pm.

Why do I have to pay a Health Fee?
The health fee partially defrays the cost of, and allows students access to services provided by the health care team at Westmont’s Student Health Center. The Student Health Center is a full service primary care clinic, providing care to students who are injured or ill.

How do I contact the Student Account’s office?
Student Accounts
Westmont College
955 La Paz Road
Santa Barbara CA 93108
Email: studacct@westmont.edu
Phone: 877-537-7966