Housing Sign-Ups for Next Year
Housing sign-ups occur in the Spring semester for students to request housing for the subsequent Fall and/or Spring semesters.
- Requests to live off-campus occur in February and March to obtain approval to reside off-campus for the subsequent Fall and/or Spring semesters.
- Requests to fill a room or apartment for the subsequent Fall semester occur in March and April.
- Students are only allowed to reserve one type of housing: either off-campus local/commuting or college housing in a residence hall.
Requests for approval to live off-campus locally (i.e. OCL) must be submitted by the March deadline with the online form during February and early March. Students are required to attend an "Off-Campus Living Workshop" prior to the request deadline if they wish to get approval to live OCL. Students will be notified in mid-March if their OCL has been granted, waitlisted, or denied due to failure to attend one of the prior workshops. Students are also required to submit the "Off-Campus Living Agreement" by the OCL request deadline in order for their OCL request to be considered.
Some students take advantage of early opportunities to request college housing:
- The first early opportunity is called Squatters Rights. This is requested by online form, and determinations for squatters rights are made in early April after OCL determinations.
- Another early opportunity is applying for a group to reserve an Ocean View Apartment. This is also requested by online form, and determinations for OV Apts. are made in early April after the Squatters determinations.
Most students select housing during the Housing Selection event in mid-April. We urge students to become familiar with the different housing request procedures, deadlines, and timeline by reviewing the information below.
- EARLIEST opportunities for online requesting (for off-campus)
- Continue as Off-Campus Local [commuter]
- Off-Campus Local/commuting requests
- Students Away-Abroad during the Spring
- EARLY opportunities for online requesting Fall housing (for college housing)
- Housing Selection event for personally selecting Fall housing (fpr college housing)