Mayterm on Campus
On-campus housing during Mayterm 2016
No one may reside in campus housing during the Mayterm period unless he/she has been assigned by the Housing Director or Mayterm RD. Campus housing during the Mayterm period is available to students who:
- Enroll in a Mayterm class on campus.
- Enroll in a summer travel course with the Off-Campus Programs Office (i.e. and need housing for a brief period on campus prior to departure).
- Partipicate in extended intercollegiate athletics behond the Spring semester. Short-term housing is provided during the month of May. See May Housing for Athletes for information and the housing request. Athletes use a different application for housing during Maythan those attending Mayterm.
Students who reside off-campus and commute to campus (ostensibly to participate in one of these 3 groups) do not need to obtain approval or make any official communication with Housing to commute during the Mayterm period from their own off-campus residence.
Meal Plan: The meal plan is required for 5-week Maytermers who live on-campus, with two exceptions:
- Travel Maytermers: No meal plan is offered by the Housing Office to students enrolled in a travel course and only on campus for a short period. Travel Maytermers may purchase individual meals at the dining commons (cash, check, or credit card), prepare their own meals in the residence hall kitchen, or dine off-campus.
- Athletes: No meal plan is offered by the Housing Office for approved athletes in temporary housing (i.e. those who are approved by their head coach for extended intercollegiate competition beyond the Spring semester). Athletes should check with their coach about their meal needs, and what will be arranged by the coach.
Athletes who will also be attending Mayterm: A meal plan may be incorrectly assigned to athletes if the athlete also requests Mayterm housing for the full 5 weeks. However, if mistakenly assigned such a meal plan will be cancelled. Due to the various arrangements for meals by coaches, we do not offer the Mayterm meal plan to athletes in extended intercollegiate participation.
After athletes have concluded their extended intercollegiate participation, they are on their own for meals. Athletes may purchase meals on their own at the dining commons (cash, check, or credit card), prepare their own meals in the residence hall kitchen, or dine off-campus.
Costs for Room & Board for 2016
- Housing: $795 ( 5 weeks)
- Meal plan: $480 (5 weeks
Submission deadline: May 5, 2016 (last day of finals)
Go to: Mayterm Housing application.
You must apply by the last day of spring finals (THURSDAY, May 5, 2016), in order to participate in Early Check-In from 10am-12noon on Sunday, May 8. No online applications are accepted after the last day of finals. Eligible students who have not applied online by this deadline may request Mayterm housing in person during STANDARD Check-In from 12noon-2pm on Sunday, May 8, or later with the Mayterm RD.
The Mayterm RD usually conducts a later check-in from 7-9pm. Those who do not check-in at one of these pre-determined times should make a check-in appointment with the Mayterm RD. You may contact the Mayterm RD by email or the Housing Office if you have any questions or special concerns. The cell phone for the Mayterm RD on-call will be (805) 565-OCRD , but please do NOT call this number until the Sunday check-in, May 8, as other RDs may carrying this phone until Mayterm.
Location for housing during Mayterm
On-campus housing during Mayterm 2016 will be in Page Hall, unless space requirements or unforeseen circumstances require the use of a different hall.
Check-in (for keys, roommate requests, and room assignments) will take place at Page Hall MPR (main floor lounge).
When you apply by the last day of spring finals (THURSDAY, May 5, 2016), you may participate in EARLY Check-In from 10am-12noon on Sunday, May 8. No online applications are accepted after the last day of finals. Eligible students who have not applied online by the deadline may request Mayterm housing in person during STANDARD Check-In from 12noon-2pm on Sunday, May 8.
For those who do not check-in at one of these times, the Mayterm RD and RAs will be available for a later check-in from 7-9pm in the Page-RA office (ground floor). The Mayterm RD for 2016 is Shannon Balram, who also serves as the RD for the Ocean View Apartments.
Services during Mayterm
Please note the following update about services and programs during Mayterm:
- Reduced hours in the dining commons. The hours during Mayterm are typically posted on the entrance door.
- Campus Shuttle and Dial-a-Ride are suspended.
- Campus Health and the Counseling Center are in operation, but hours are reduced to 10am-2pm on Mondays and 11am-2pm on Thursdays.
- Campus Pastor's Office is open,
- Career Development & Calling is open.
Mayterm students may request a specific roommate at time of check-in, but all Mayterm residents should expect their rooms to be fully occupied. If students do not have a specific roommate request at time of check-in, the next student in line will be assigned as the roommate. Those requesting short-term housing (i.e. Off-Campus Program participants and athletes) may be assigned differently than regular Mayterm students. After check-in, Mayterm residents may talk with the Mayterm RD about a room change.
Most Mayterm residents check-out and leave Mayterm housing on the last Friday of the 5-week Mayterm. However, the deadline for check-out is the following day (Saturday) at 12noon. Check-out procedures are determined by the Mayterm RD.
Questions or concerns?
You may contact the Mayterm RD by email or the Housing Office if you have any questions or special concerns. The cell phone for the Mayterm RD on-call will be (805) 565-OCRD , but please do NOT call this number until the Sunday check-in, May 8, as other RDs may carrying this phone until Mayterm.