Computer and Network Support
We are here to help you with your needs regarding email, user accounts, network connections, online and desktop applications, and support for Westmont-owned workstations and servers. Check our sidebar for information, instructions, and direct links to IT services. Other ways that you can get help for computer, network and telephone problems:
- Trouble logging into WebAdvisor?
If you are using Internet Explorer 6, you will need to upgrade to Internet Explorer 7 or use another browser such as Firefox. You also need to be on the encrypted network (not Westmont WLAN) if you are on campus;, and if you are using a proxy, you must disable it.
- Check the System Status Page:
The first thing to do is to find out whether your trouble is due to a problem that we are already working on.
- Submit a Mayday - online Help Request:
The fastest way to get help. All problem reports must go through Mayday one way or another, and submitting the form instantly sends an email to an I.T. staff member (and pages him/her in the case of an emergency) and places the job on his or her queue.
- Connecting to the Network (wired or wireless)
- Read "A Student’s Guide to IT at Westmont"
- The I.T. Help Desk is in the Learning Commons, on the main floor of the Library.
- Check out the Self-Help Pages for Students: information on preparing your computer for Westmont, viruses, malware, and basic computer maintenance. Note that I.T. does not have the resources to work on student computers except for problems with network connections, viruses and malware.
Faculty and Staff
- Call the Mayday Voicemail: if your problem prevents you from submitting a Mayday, phone 6211 and talk with Anchorpoint (IT Support).
- Information for New Faculty and Staff
- Docx Converter for MS Word - Faculty and staff who regularly receive documents with the 'docx' extension can download this converter.