How to Pick-Up Your Permit [decal]
Students should request a permit in advance, preferably 1-2 business days before coming to obtain the decal. After the first week of the semester, students may expedite the process by notifying the Housing Office that a late permit request has been submitted. You do not "have" a valid permit until the decal is affixed to your vehicle. Your profile will read "Ready for pick-up" after your request has been processed by Housing and made ready.
Location for permit pick-up
The date of your request affects when and where you may pick-up your decal:
- MONDAY PICK-UP: Go to the circle drive outside Kerrwood Hall on the first MONDAY of the semester (from 9:00 AM-5:00 PM) IF you successfully requested a permit during the early request period. If you do not pick-up your decal on Monday, your permit will cost more (see Costs)
- Early request period for Fall permit: July 1-31
- Early request period for Spring permit: December 1-31
- THURSDAY PICK-UP: Even if you request after the early period, you still might be able to go to Kerrwood circle on the first THURSDAY of the semester to get your decal (8am-5pm). Your profile must indicate that the permit is "ready for pick-up" to get it on Thursday. Permits requested before the first day of classes allow enough time for staff to process the request and have it ready to affix on Thursday outside Kerrwood Hall. If you do not pick-up by THURSDAY, your permit will cost more.
- LATER PICK-UP: Go to the Housing Office. If you do not request early enough to pick-up your decal at Kerrwood circle on the first MONDAY or THURSDAY of the semester, you must go to the Housing Office to get your decal. The Housing Office is in Clark Halls (bldg. N). Please request a permit online BEFORE coming to the Housing Office to save yourself some time. The convenient decal pick-up at Kerrwood circle is only offered to those who request early enough for us to process the request.
Bring these items with you:
- Your vehicle
- Your registration paperwork (IF this is required on your request--LOOK FOR THIS)
Early Spring Permit Opportunity
Students may request a spring semester permit IN PERSON while they are picking up a fall permit. If the student has not been previously waitlisted for a permit, the spring semester decal will be affixed to the vehicle at that time. However, if the student has been waitlisted, a spring permit will NOT be offered. The opportunity for an early spring permit is only available at the time of fall permit pick-up.