Request a Permit
This is how the request process works:
- After you PROCEED to enter your vehicle information in order to submit a request, a screen message should immediately appear to declare whether or not your request was successful or unsuccessful.
- The evolving status of your permit request will be displayed on your Profile page, eventually.
Your status will NOT appear immediately.
- If you attempt to request a permit before the program is activated at 9:00AM (PST) on the first day of the discount month, your request will fail. Try again when the program is activated!
Students should request a permit in advance before coming to have the decal affixed to the vehicle. The Housing Office needs time to process each request. The following vehicle information must be provided in order to request a permit: registered owner, make-model-color-year-state. If any of this information is not provided at the time of request, alternate information may be supplied and edited later (see below). But later edits will forfeit one of the discounts (see Costs for info on discounts).
Requesting a permit online is merely the first step. You do not "have" a valid permit until one is affixed to your vehicle. See How to pick-up your permit for WHEN and WHERE to get your decal.
Confirm the status of your request
Your student profile will display the evolving status for your permit request:
- No request being processed = no request on file
- Waitlisted = soph permits are exhausted. Sorry, but no permit is available for you
- Request successful = you successfully requested a permit; we're getting it ready for you
- Ready for pick-up = a decal is being held for you, but it's not valid until it's on your vehicle
- Permit issued = you will be charged for the decal now that it is affixed to your vehicle
If you don't know the specific vehicle or license plate:
Since we require a specific vehicle for permit requests, indicate a vehicle you are most likely to bring when you complete the vehicle information. You may change your vehicle (and this information later) during the discount month, or by contacting the Housing Office later or when you arrive to get your decal. If you change/edit your information after the discount month, you will forfeit one of the discount opportunities. If the vehicle is new and does not have a license plate, you may enter your Westmont ID number in the license plate field on your request. However, if your vehicle data is not complete by the end of the discount month, you will not be eligible for a discount for "no change or edit" (see Costs).
Lower Cost for Early Request & Prompt Pickup
If you successfully request a permit during the early request period, your permit will cost less than if you request after that period (see Costs).
- Early request (discount) period for Fall semester: July 1-31
- Early request (discount) period for Spring semester: December 1-31
Permits will not be offered to sophomores (26-58 units), due to lack of availability.
Juniors & Seniors
Regular permits are for eligible seniors and Restricted permits are for eiligible juniors. Eligible juniors and seniors may not obtain parking permits on behalf of sophomores or first-years. Contact Housing about any Eligibility difficulties.
To request a temporary permit, sophomores, juniors or seniors need to come to the Housing Office in person with the following information. It is not necessary to bring the vehicle when obtaining a temporary permit, but the vehicle registration should be brought.
- Registered owner
- Vehicle make (e.g. Honda)
- Vehicle model and color (e.g. blue Civic)
- Vehicle license plate, and state of issuance (e.g. ABC123, CA)
To request a longer-term temporary permit for medical reasons, students need to go to the Campus Health Center or the Office of Disability Services.