DIAL-A-RIDE is a free transportation service provided for Westmont students to use if our regular shuttle service cannot transport you to where you need to go. Dial-a-Ride provides transportation needs to all points from Carpinteria to UCSB.
- We are NOT Uber - we only have ONE DRIVER at any time. The driver will coordinate all requests which may require FLEXIBILITY on your part.
- Try to maximize each trip by taking more than one person when possible.
- We do not have the manpower or vehicles to handle requests outside scheduled hours.
- We recommend you text/call to schedule your ride the day or night before (All rides are scheduled early each morning
- Each request will be answered by TEXT from our driver the morning of your requested ride.
- Flexibility (usually about ½ hour) is key!
- Monday through Friday 10:00am-10:30pm
- Saturday and Sunday 9:00am-5:00pm.
NEXT DAY SERVICE
(weekdays and weekends)
- Call: 805.565.7000
- Example: you need a ride Monday, call in your request on Sunday.
- Speak clearly and slowly.
- Your NAME, PHONE NUMBER and address of destination
- REPEAT your phone number 2 times (to insure you receive a proper response to your request).
- For planning purposes, please let us know if your times are flexible (e.g. any time between 7-7:30, within the hour, etc.).
SAME DAY / LAST MINUTE REQUESTS
(text/call in advance when possible):
- (805) 455-6630 - for Week-DAY 10am - 5pm (TEXT preferred)
- (805) 453-6341 - for Week-NIGHT 5pm - 10:30pm (TEXT preferred)
- (805) 453-6341 - for Week-ENDS 9am - 5pm (TEXT preferred)
Call (805) 565-7000 for reservations
- If you are arriving at the Santa Barbara Airport, Amtrak station, Airbus, etc. TEXT or CALL the appropriate Dial-a Ride cell phone (see numbers above).
- The holidays are busy – texting one of these numbers will insure the driver gets your request.
- If you arrive outside of Dial-a-Ride hours, you can take a taxi or public transportation to one of the schedule Westmont Shuttle stops and ride the shuttle back to campus.
- Please be ready 5 minutes prior to pick up at the predetermined location.
- TO CANCEL: text/call as soon as possible.
- Dial-a-Ride reserves the right to refuse service to those who are repeatedly late or have excessive no-shows or late cancellations.
Suggestions or comments? Call (805) 455-6630 / (805) 565-6015.