Student Mailbox Information
At the beginning of the academic year, please do not ship large boxes to your student address until after August 15. We are unprepared to receive and store them before that date. If you are a new student in the Fall, please also do not have letter mail sent until after the first Monday in August.
How do I get my mailbox number?
- Your MS (mail stop) # is located on your student profile (see below if you are new this Fall)
- Mail stop numbers for incoming first-year students and transfers are assigned during the summer and should be available on your student profile by the first Monday in August or shortly thereafter.
- After that, if you have only very recently enrolled or re-enrolled, your MS# may not yet be assigned.
- Late (August/September) enrollees should add "NEW STUDENT" to your address (see below). This will ENSURE you get your mail, but may DELAY delivery, so be sure to get your MS # and start using it as soon as possible after that.
- If you are returning after withdrawing* and being away for a semester or more, it is very unlikely you will have the same MS# you had before. (*This does not apply to off campus programs for a semester.). Please check to see if you have been assigned a new MS #.
How do I find the combination to my mailbox?
- This is also found on your student profile. You will need to click the "private" section to access it.
- Combinations cannot be looked for you up at the post office. Many students find it helpful to save the information and/or profile link on their cell phone.
How do I open my mailbox?
- We have instructions posted above all of the mailboxes. Don't worry if you find it difficult, it takes some getting used to. There will be students milling about that are happy to help...just ask! The Post Office staff will be available to help you as well.
What about my packages, how do I get those?
- If a package has arrived for you, you will find a square, yellow package slip in your box. Please bring that slip to the back door of the Post Office (Campus Map) and we will retrieve your package for you. If you are certain your package has arrived but do not have a slip in your mailbox, please give us until 3:00 pm to process our mail. This is generally the case for the first week or two of the year. After that, we typically have all mail sorted and processed by 1:00 pm.
- If you have not received a yellow slip within 48 hours of the carrier indicating it was "delivered" (which means very different things depending on which carrier), then you may inquire about the package if you bring us the carrier name and tracking number. Please do not ask us to research packages if it is not yet after 2:00 on the day AFTER the carrier indicated it was "delivered."
What address should I give out for my mail at Westmont?
- Give us a call (805) 565-6087
- Come visit us between the hours of 10:00-4:00 Monday through Friday