Changing Your Classes After Meeting With Your Academic Advisor
When a class has reached its capacity its status is changed to" Closed" and a waitlist begins. If a student that was previously registered in the course drops out of the course, the course is still considered closed. A student on the waitlist will not automatically be bumped into the course from the waitlist; doing so might create a time conflict in the student’s schedule if she has already registered for another course in that same time slot.
If you are waitlisted for a course, you are responsible for moving yourself from the waitlist into the closed course by getting instructor approval. An instructor can give you approval in two ways:
- Let your instructor know that you are waitlisted in his course and that you would like to add (Instructor information is included with the course information on WebAdvisor). Include your ID number so that your instructor can register you in the closed class in WebAdvisor.
- Bring an Add/Drop form to your instructor for his signature. Bring the signed Add/Drop form to the Student Records Office in Kerrwood Hall to add the course from the waitlist.
Please Note: If you are waitlisted for a class, there is no guarantee that you will be able to add the course. tI's a good idea to wait on purchasing text books.
Adding & Dropping Classes
After you register, you still have the opportunity to add and drop courses via WebAdvisor until the day before the first day of classes.
On the first day of class, however, you will not be able to use WebAdvisor to make changes to your schedule. You will need to get an Add/Drop Form from the Student Records Office, your advisor, or even your instructor.
- Fill in the course information exactly as it appears in WebAdvisor in either the Add section or the Drop section, depending on the changes you wish to make.
- Have your instructor sign the form.
- Bring the Add/Drop form back to the Student Records Office to finalize the process before the Add/Drop Deadline.