I'm on a Waitlist. Now what?
When a class has reached its capacity its status is changed to" Closed." When a student adds themself to the waitlist, the course is still closed, but the status of the course is changed to "Waitlisted." A student on the waitlist will not automatically be bumped into the course from the waitlist.
If you are waitlisted for a course, you are responsible for moving yourself from the waitlist into the closed course by getting instructor approval. An instructor can give you approval in two ways:
- Let your instructor know that you are waitlisted in their course and that you would like to be added (Instructor information is included with the course information on WebAdvisor). Include your ID number so that your instructor can register you in the closed class in WebAdvisor (until the day before the first day of classes).
- Bring an Add/Drop form to your instructor for their signature approval to add or drop a course from your schedule. Bring the signed Add/Drop form to the Student Records Office in Kerrwood Hall to add the course from the waitlist.
Please Note: If you are waitlisted for a class, there is no guarantee that the instructor will give you permission to add the course to your schedule.Please wait to purchase textbooks until you've been added to the course.
Adding & Dropping Classes
After you register, you still have the opportunity to add and drop courses via WebAdvisor until the day before the first day of classes.
On the first day of class, however, you will not be able to use WebAdvisor to make changes to your schedule. You will need to get an Add/Drop Form from the Student Records Office.
- Fill in the course information exactly as it appears in WebAdvisor in either the Add section or the Drop section, depending on the changes you wish to make.
- Have your instructor sign the form.
- Bring the Add/Drop form back to the Student Records Office to finalize the process before the Add/Drop Deadline.