Alumni Career Speaker Series
The Westmont College Alumni and Parent Relations Office offers a free, monthly career speaker series to help alumni build a successful career and job search strategy. The series features the nation’s top career experts and authors who share their research and advice. To access the webinars, go to alumnicareerservices.org/westmont and register as a New User with an email address. After the initial registration, you may log in thereafter as a Returning User.
Subscribers will have access to live webinars as well as recordings and PDFs of archived presentations. Live webinars are held on the first Wednesday of each month from 5-6 p.m. PST. Viewers will have the opportunity to ask questions in real time.
December 3rd: John Kador - "Master the Art & Science of Interviewing"
Studies show the average job seeker will go through 16 interviews before getting a job offer! Join John Kador, author of 301 Best Questions to ASK on Your Interview, to learn how you can maximize the opportunities you get. You will walk away with a strategy that gives you more confidence and control of the interview process.
You will learn:
1. How to wow interviewers when asked, “"Is there anything you'd like to ask us?"
2. The behaviors hiring managers are looking for in candidates.
3. Dozens of questions and simple research exercises you can use at an interview to make you more memorable than your competitors.
January 7th: Los Ellis - "Grab Your Keys and Drive Your Career"
Your leadership skills are the key to helping you reach that next step on the corporate ladder. In today’s lean organizations, everyone is expected to step into a leadership role of some kind. To do that, sometimes you need to rebrand yourself! Join Los Ellis, author of Keys to Life Business Success, to learn how to expand your leadership skills, get noticed and gain the appreciation of those with whom you work.
You will learn:
1. How to recognize the moments when you should take a leadership role.
2. Proven strategies to show others your capabilities while taking charge of situations.
3. Enormously effective yet simple techniques to rebrand yourself.