- For the 2011-2012 academic year, approximately 94% of Westmont students received scholarships or grants of some kind. Your donations help provide funding for both need based and academic scholarships for these students.
- It would take more than $40 million in endowment dollars to replace the annual contributions made to Westmont College.
- Over the course of their time at Westmont, the class of 2012 received financial aid from the college totaling $19.2 million. This aid took the form of scholarships and grants that the new graduates need never repay.
- 33% of the donations made to the Westmont Fund go towards supporting instructional programs and academic research.
- In 2009, your gifts to the annual fund helped to provide safety upgrades to residence halls. Fire-retardant materials were added to Clark Halls and new emergency lighting at Van Kampen Hall helped to make the campus more safe for students.
- Education costs continue to rise, and unfortunately tuition dollars do not cover the total cost of education. Generous gifts from our donors make up the financial gap between tuition dollars received and the actual cost of educating students.
Message from the President
Your investment in
Westmont helps us
as a rigorous
liberal arts college
with a deep Christian
students live in a close
and develop a broad global perspective.
The genius of Westmont lies in connecting these
five essential characteristics in a unique
educational experience that transforms young
men and women into leaders inspired to
change the world for Jesus Christ.
Students grow deeper in all areas of their lives -- intellectual, spiritual and personal -- while they develop their talents, discover their
calling and prepare for a lifetime of service
meeting the great, pressing needs of our time.