2020 Virtual Parent Orientation Schedule Watch President's Welcome
If you have not received any email information about New Parent Orientation and you have a students attending Westmont for the first time this fall, please contact our office at email@example.com to update your email address.
Westmont uses Guidebook as your guide to campus, events, resources, and communicating with fellow parents. You can access Guidebook by downloading the app from your Apple Store or Google Play. View tutorial of the Westmont Community Guide app.
Week 1: Starting July 27
Emailed on Monday July 27 to view at your convenience:
1. Meet the Alumni and Parent Relations Office Learn about our Parents Council members. Professor Michelle Hughes will welcome you on behalf of the faculty.
2. Participate in a Virtual Campus Tour
Live Session Thursday evening July 30 at 5:15 p.m. (PDT):
3. Did you and/or your spouse attend Westmont? If so, you're a Westmont legacy family, and we've developed a session just for you. We invite you and your student to participate in a live session Thursday, July 30 at 5:15 p.m. (PDT).
Live Legacy Reception Zoom Call A celebration of alums now sending their own students to Westmont! We'll also create breakout rooms where you can introduce your student and say hello to fellow classmates who attended Westmont around the same time as you did. Registration through the Guidebook app is requested.
Week 2: Starting August 3
Emailed Monday August 3 to view at your convenience
1. Overview of Student Life At Westmont, life outside the classroom offers a rich combination of activities, residential living and developmental experiences. In this session, Edee Schulze, Vice President for student life, will provide an overview of all the opportunities available to students. You'll also hear from Stu Cleek, dean of students, Eric Nelson, director of counseling and psychological services, and Dr. David Hernandez, director of student health services.
Week 3: Starting August 10
Emailed Thursday August 13 to view at your convenience
1. Westmont's Plan for Keeping Campus Safe: The safety of our Westmont community remains our highest priority. We invite you to watch these video messages from President Beebe and Jason Tavarez, Director of Institutional Resilience as they describe Westmont’s preparations for providing a safe and enjoyable return of students to campus on September 28.
Week 4: Starting August 17
Emailed Monday August 17 to view at your convenience
1. The Core of the Classroom Provost Mark Sargent discusses the meaning of a Westmont education with several professors. They'll talk about the unique educational opportunities awaiting your student and the resources available to support them. They'll also give advice about how parents can help students get a great start in their academic work.
Week 5: August 24-28
1. Student Orientation, Residence Life and Spiritual Development Arriving on campus and living in the residence halls will be an exciting experience for your student. In this session, we'll review the details of moving in, student orientation, and residence life. Please take special note of the adaptation we're making for COVID-19. Additionally, Campus Pastor Scott Lisea will discuss chapel and the spiritual development of our students. Angela D'Amour, dean of student engagement, Shannon Balram, director of residence life, and Scott Lisea host the session.
2. President Beebe Welcomes Parents and Families President Gayle D. Beebe welcomes you to the Westmont community, examines the value of a Westmont education in today’s world, and highlights the college’s priorities.
Week 6: After School Starts (Sept)
Live Session Thursday Evening date TBD:
Meet and Greet Zoom Call for Parents Out of Area Participate in this Q&A with longtime Parent Council members Megan and Michael White from Gig Harbor, WA. This session will include breakout rooms by region so you can meet fellow parents from your area. A helpful FAQ for Out of Area parents can be found on our website.
Save the Date
First Year Parents Weekend: November 1-3