Transfer Students

Find your home at Westmont. 

Meet our transfer students. Read their stories. Find yours.

Students transfer to Westmont from many different places for many different reasons. Whether they've come from junior colleges or other 4-year schools, whether they've come for the first-class academic challenge or the strong faith commitment, they've all found the same thing—a close-knit Christian community that encourages them to make a positive difference in every sphere of society. Transfer students make up 20 percent of the incoming class each year, starting in either the spring or fall semester.


Transfer credit information from the Office of the Registrar

Steps to Apply

Westmont does not require transfers to have completed a specified number of units/credits before applying. Westmont utilizes both our personalized application and the Common App. There is no preference and both are free of charge.

Request official transcripts of all college and high school work to be submitted directly from school officials. If filing the Common Application, the request may be processed online through that application process.

Applicants who have completed fewer than 24 semester units of academic coursework at the time of applying may wish to submit official ACT or SAT scores, if they have them.

Order ACT Scores

Order SAT Scores

Westmont requires one academic reference from a teacher in a major subject (i.e. English, Science, History, Math, etc.). In addition, an optional pastoral/character reference may be submitted. The reference forms may be accessed within either application.


Interviews are optional for applicants. We want to know you personally.

Schedule Your Interview

Schedule a Visit


Applying to Westmont is easy! If you've already completed one year of college full time, just submit an application, your academic records, and one recommendation. Otherwise, include your high school transcript and SAT or ACT scores. Westmont accepts transfer students in both the fall and spring semester.

Transfer Application Deadlines
applications for spring admission November 1
applications for fall admission March 15

There are none! You can transfer with 6 units or 60, without any GE courses, and without an AA. You'll receive a personalized transfer evaluation to assess your progress toward a degree, so you can simply pick up where you left off at your previous college. Make the move when you’re ready.

In our mind, the best-fit Westmont student

  • is high performing, but doesn't chase perfection;
  • behaves with integrity and an open mind;
  • enjoys the rewards that come from taking on challenges;
  • values unique perspectives, backgrounds, talent, and knowledge;
  • believes in a well-informed and well-tested Christian faith;
  • feels unafraid to ask and answer questions that are difficult or uncomfortable;
  • seeks vocation, significance, community, and justice;
  • and strives to model a life of service, leadership, and impact.

We think transferring to Westmont is a little like joining a new family, where people value you for who you are and encourage you to be the best of who you could be. But you should hear it from students who have transferred before you. Meet some of our current students who have transferred from 2-year public, 4-year private, and large 4-year public schools, and read their stories.

More than 95 percent of Westmont students receive academic scholarships, talent based scholarships, or both. The average financial aid award for transfers entering the fall 2018 semester who had demonstrated need was over $34,000! Your bottom line will depend on your family’s financial need and your eligibility for merit and talent based scholarships. Check out the scholarship opportunities Westmont has to offer.

Yes! The vast majority of college-level academic credit will transfer, including IGETC or CSU Breadth coursework. Your Westmont admissions counselor can perform a personalized transcript evaluation to give you a better picture.

If you’re coming from a California junior college, we may have an articulation agreement where you can see for yourself which of your classes meet GE requirements. Keep in mind that these agreements are representative of the most common classes students take. If you don't see your courses listed, if the articulation agreement for the community college you attend is not listed here, or if you attend a 4-year college or university, call us at 1-800-777-9011 to speak to a counselor for guidance.

For more information and to view existing transfer agreements, click here.


A message to transfer students from President Gayle D. Beebe.

Visit campus