Housing Sign-Ups for Next Year: 2021-2022
NOTE: Sign-Ups for Next Year are now ready!
Before submitting a request application, some important things to know:
- Squatters privilege: only applies to residents on upper campus. We do not offer squatters privilege for residents in Ocean View or in any halls on lower campus.
- Points: These are based on your true class standing by the end of the spring semester. It's up to you to disclose your point total to your potential roommate(s). All first-years will have 2 points, irrespective of their unit total (see points for explanation).
- Westmont Downtown: It is likely we will require all WDT participants to live together in Ocean View or other Westmont-secured off campus housing during their WDT semester. Details are still being finalized. WDT seniors have the opportunity to request off campus on their own (i.e. non-Westmont property) for the semester they are not in WDT by utilizing the Off Campus request form. All non-senior Downtown participants will be required to live at Ocean View (or other Westmont-secured property) during their semester in the Downtown program and will be in campus housing for the other semester (please submit the appropriate form).
Each spring semester, currently-enrolled students request housing for the next academic year through participation in the annual housing Sign-Ups process. This process is normally spread out from February-April to allow ample time for students, and is described in detail below:
- Overview of Sign-Ups
- Begin: How the Sign-Ups Request Application Works
- Due Dates, Notifications & Selection Events
- Eligibility & Class Distribution
- Flex-Triples & Designated Triples
- Off Campus Commuting
- Point System
- Proxy Authorizations
- Residence Requirement
- Roommate Finder
- Squatters Privilege
- Types of Housing