Housing Sign-Ups for Next Year: 2021-2022
NOTE: Sign-Ups for Next Year are not ready at this time. Further information on this process will be sent to all students by March 15.
Remember: Requests are predominantly for the Fall semester; the only instance in which Spring semester may be included is when it is submitted as part of a Fall semester request for a Flex Triple.
If you are familiar with Sign-Ups, you may skip directly to the Sign-Ups request application:
Before skipping directly to the request application, important things to know:
- Squatters privilege only applies to residents on upper campus. We do not offer squatters privilege for residents in Ocean View or in any halls on lower campus.
- Your points: After login to your request application, before the drop-down menu of your eligible housing options, you will see in advance the points you will bring to a request. These points, which are based on your true class standing by the end of the spring semester, are not viewable by others in your group requests. It's up to you to disclose this to your potential roommate(s). All first-years will have 2 points, irrespective of their unit total (see points for explanation).
- Westmont Downtown: Students who will be participating in Westmont Downtown for Fall or Spring next year are required to live off-campus. Only seniors have the option to request to live off-campus on their own (i.e. a non-Westmont property) BUT they must request this as individuals by the Due Date for off-campus requests "due to special circumstance: Downtown."Seniors may also request Ocean View in a group request, as this is a type of off-campus. If seniors do not get to live off-campus on their own individually, or are able to secure Ocean View in a group request, they will placed as individuals at Ocean View. All non-senior Downtown participants are required to live at Ocean View (this is the only type of housing allowed) during their semester in the Downtown program. Juniors (and seniors) who are in successful group requests for Ocean View are able to live there for the entire school year.
Each spring semester, currently-enrolled students request housing for the next academic year through participation in the annual housing Sign-Ups process. This process is spread out from February-April to allow ample time for students, and is described in detail below:
- Overview of Sign-Ups
- Begin: How the Sign-Ups Request Application Works
- Due Dates, Notifications & Selection Events
- Eligibility & Class Distribution
- Flex-Triples & Designated Triples
- Off-Campus Commuting
- Point System
- Proxy Authorizations
- Residence Requirement
- Roommate Finder
- Squatters Privilege
- Types of Housing