Business Office Student Accounts
Welcome to Student Accounts. Our office is responsible for processing all payments for tuition, room, board and miscellaneous fees.
Your student must grant you access as an authorized user to view their account online.
Update on Westmont College's COVID-19 Plan:
In order to minimize the risk of COVID-19, the Student Accounts Office is working with reduced staffing on campus.
Our office is open:
Monday, Wednesday and Friday
11:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Tuesday and Thursday
12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
You can pay online using the Make a Payment button
Credit and debit cards are not accepted as payment.
The preferred method of communication is by email. We will respond to your email inquiries sent to email@example.com. Alternatively, you may leave a voicemail at 877.537.7966. In all cases we will try to respond to you in a timely manner. If you would like to meet with a student account representative, please email us to schedule an appointment.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. We hope that you stay safe and healthy during these times.
1. If you plan to request any type of financial aid, submit a FAFSA and provide all required documentation to the Financial Aid Office.
2. Go to the Estimate Semester Minimum Initial Payment Due page to plan your payments.
3. Make payments on schedule. You can sign up for an Automated ClearingHouse (ACH) electronic funds transfer on our payment website.
Student Account Management
Students are responsible for managing their online account to ensure that proper payment is paid by the due date. Account charges and required payment information will be updated frequently and can be viewed online at any time. Your student must grant you access as an authorized user under Manage Access at this Student Accounts Login. Students, and their authorized user, will receive a monthly email reminder to view their Student Account.
Complete and return all the financial aid forms and documents to the Financial Aid Office by June 1, 2020, to keep your information with the Student Account Office accurate and up to date. Pending financial aid awaiting documentation don't alter your required minimum payments.
To ensure quality service and timely transfer of financial aid to your student account, please direct your financial aid questions to the Financial Aid Office, 888-963-4624 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday - Friday 9:00am - 3:30pm
Closed for Chapel
Mon, Wed, Fri
Kerrwood Hall, First Floor
955 La Paz Road
Santa Barbara, CA 93108
Account charges and required payment information will be updated frequently and can be viewed online at any time. Your student must grant you access as an authorized user under manage access at this Student Accounts Login.
Your fall 2020 student account bill is available online.
***Please note that we do not accept credit and debit cards as payment.
- Payment is due by August 15 whether you pay in full or make the first of three payments. If we receive the minimum payment after this date, you must pay a late fee of $150.
- If you do not pay in full by August 15, you are automatically enrolled in the Payment Plan with a $45 fee. These payments are required on August 15, September 15 and October 15.
- Monthly finance charges will be assessed at the end of each month based on the remaining unpaid portion of the statement balance from the beginning of that month.
Student Account Management
- Students are responsible for managing their online account to ensure that proper payment is made by the due date.
- Account and required payment information will be available online and updated frequently.
- Students must grant access to parents as authorized users to view their account online.
- Students and their authorized user(s) will receive a monthly email reminder to view their student account.
If you don’t see your financial aid on your student account, please log into the Financial Aid Student Portal and click on the “Required Documents” tab.
- Documents required for “packaging” will hold up any financial aid.
- Documents required for a particular “fund” will hold up the appropriate source(s) of aid.
- Submit these documents to the Office of Financial Aid as soon as possible; processing incoming documents can take up to two weeks.
- Check the status of your financial aid HERE.
- Until the first day of classes, all financial aid will display as “Pending.” Private education loans and scholarships from outside sources will not show until we receive them.
For more information
- If you have financial aid questions, please contact email@example.com or call 888-963-4624.
- If you have housing, meal plans and parking permit questions, contact the Housing Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-565-6036.
Is there a difference between the Student Accounts office and the Financial Aid office?
The Student Accounts office processes the billing and collects payments.
The Financial Aid office awards scholarships and grants and processes loans applications.
Can I access my account online?
To access current account balance information, and answers to other frequently asked questions, please go to
How can parents receive billing emails?
Students designate other individuals, such as parents, by
logging in to their online account and inputting the name
and email address of each designee under Manage Access.
How do I get a receipt for my online payment?
Immediately after the payment is authorized, the bank will
send you an email with a payment confirmation. That payment
will be displayed when you login to your Student Account on
the next business day.
What forms of payment do you accept for Student Accounts?
Electronic transfers (ACH) are available on the links section of our webpage and also on the web services page. In order to credit the student on the same day, electronic transfer requests must be received in the Business Office before 6:00pm, Pacific Time.
Westmont College also accepts cash, money orders, checks or wire transfers for payments on a student’s account.
Do you accept Credit Card payments?
No, the credit card merchant fee is prohibitively expensive
When is the last day I can cancel my enrollment and still
receive a full refund?
If you cancel your enrollment before 9 a.m. on the first day
of the semester and have not attended any classes, you will
be eligible for a refund of your payments less your non-refundable deposit.
How do I avoid finance charges?
Finance charges are assessed on unpaid Student Account balances every month. Paying your balance in full each month avoids the assessment of finance charges.
How do I send a payment by wire?
To wire funds to Westmont, please use the following information:
Federal Routing Number: xxxxxxxxx (Please contact us for the number)
Bank Name and Address: Bank of the West
300 South Grand Ave. 13th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90071
Beneficiary Account #: xxxx-xxx (Please contact us for the number)
Beneficiary Name: Westmont College
PLEASE REFERENCE: Student name and ID number
After you wire the money, please inform Student Account of the student ID, amount and name of your bank by email or phone.
How can I get cash on campus?
There is a Bank of the West ATM in Kerr Student Center.
Why do I have to pay a Health Fee?
The health fee partially defrays the cost of, and allows students access to services provided by the health care team at Westmont’s Student Health Center. The Student Health Center is a full service primary care clinic, providing care to students who are injured or ill.
August 15 - Pay in full or pay first fall semester payment
September 15 - Pay second fall semester plan payment
October 15 - Pay third fall semester plan payment
October 31 - Pay remaining fall semester balance
December 15 - Pay in full or first spring semester payment
January 15 - Pay second spring semester plan payment
February 15 - Pay third spring semester plan payment
March 31 - Pay remaining spring semester balance