Transportation The 955
SPRING 2021: Ride requests should be limited to work, medical appointments, internships, rides to the airport or train at the breaks.
The 955 is a free, reservation-based ride service for Westmont students offering transportation to off-campus sites from Montecito to Goleta. Students may schedule rides to/from churches, appointments, internships, jobs, research libraries, the airport, train station, etc.
HOLIDAY HOURS (in "normal times")
THANKSGIVING: 8:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m. (ONLY) the Wednesday before, resuming the Saturday after
CHRISTMAS: service through 3:00 p.m. the Saturday after finals, resuming the Saturday before classes begin
SPRING BREAK: no service Saturday through Friday
EASTER: service on Good Friday and Easter Sunday if there are available drivers
4-DAY WEEKENDS: service as usual
The 955 Operating hours: Spring 2021 = 9 AM to 8:45 PM (subject to availability of drivers)
We have 1 van and 1 driver at any time...we try our best to accommodate all requests!
HOW TO REQUEST A RIDE:
- Download the Westmont 955 app (this is uniquely ours in the TapRide system)
- Web URL: https://westmontcollege.tapridemobile.com/ride/
- "Start" or "Schedule" a ride. The app is super easy to use!
- Requests should be made at least 1 day in advance, although the app allows scheduled rides 2 hours in advance. Scheduled rides get priority over "on demand" requests.
- The driver may combine requests to efficiently accommodate riders, so you might be asked to adjust your pick-up time.
Be ready at your pick-up/drop-off location 5-10 minutes early. Drivers make every effort to arrive at your location “ON TIME” (which can be 10 minutes before or after the requested time). Traffic can make a huge difference on timing!
The 955 drivers reserve the right to refuse service, particularly to those who are repeatedly late or have excessive no-shows or late cancellations.
Questions/contact: Karen Sloan, Manager of Office Operations, Automotive & Transportation
email@example.com / Office: 805-565-6015 / Cell: 805-455-4964