WESTMONT DOWNTOWN | GROTENHUIS NURSING Program Information
Westmont College is an undergraduate, residential, Christian, liberal arts community serving God's kingdom by cultivating thoughtful scholars, grateful servants and faithful leaders for global engagement with the academy, church and world.
Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program
Prepares faithful servant leaders to provide patient-centered and family supported safe, compassionate care for diverse populations and communities across the lifespan and in all health care settings.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Exhibit Christian character and servant leadership while providing compassionate care for diverse populations in communities across state, national, and global settings.
- Evaluate evidence-based best practices, critical thinking, and clinical reasoning to inform clinical judgment for the provision of patient-centered, safe, quality care.
- Create patient education plans that are culturally specific to the patient and that incorporate the family support system.
- Communicate effectively with the interprofessional team to ensure a holistic approach to patient-centered, compassionate care.
- Continue inquisitive learning by using the electronic medical record and informatics to meet quality metrics in a variety of healthcare and geographic settings.
- Advocate for healthcare policies for the underserved, vulnerable populations to ensure equity with access to care for prevention, remedial, supportive, and rehabilitative nursing care regionally, nationally, and globally.
- NUR200: Health Assessment
- NUR210: Pathophysiology
- NUR220: Fundamentals of Nursing
- SOC200: Understanding My Neighbor: Society, Culture, and Health
- PHI200: Nursing and Human Flourishing
- NUR230: Beginning Medical/surgical/geriatric (MSG) Nursing
- NUR240: Obstetrical Nursing
- NUR250: Pediatric Nursing
- NUR260: Nursing Research
- NUR265: Psych/Mental Health Nursing
- NUR270: Intermediate MSG Nursing
- NUR275: Professional Nursing Roles
- NUR280: Nursing and the Liberal Arts
- NUR285: Advanced MSG Nursing
- NUR290: Public Health Nursing
- NUR295: Nursing Leadership
- + Intensive Care
- + Emergency Department and Trauma Services
- + Surgical Service
- + Acute Patient Care
- + Ambulatory Patient Care
- + Home Patient Care
- + Public Health Nursing
- + Case Management
- + Discharge Planning
- + Nursing Education
- + Nursing Informatics
- + Nursing Leadership
- + Nursing Research